Captain Name: Rick McGovern
Sweep Name: Phil Bull
Trip Destination or Event Website: Summit Lodge
This will be a 4 day/3 night ride to Vermont. This is a rain or shine ride.This ride will include highway/interstate and rural back roads. Thursday we will take some highway/ interstate and then some beautiful 2 lane highways and back roads to get there. We will have some fun stops on the way up as well. Once there we can enjoy all that the lodge has to enjoy, plus an awesome Irish Pub. Saturday a beautiful trip through scenic back roads to VT Teddy Bear Factory with a lunch stop. Saturday is a day for you to explore and go where you want to go. Sunday we return.
Thinking of Going?
This ride is sold out!
Departure Location: Cliffwood Beach WaWa at 204 NJ-35, Keyport, NJ 07735 (map)
Departure Time: Arrive gassed up and ready for the important pre-ride meeting no later than 8:40 AM.
Approximate Mileage: 290 miles to destination
Types of Roads: Rural and Highway
Any fees for admission, parking, etc:
EZ-Pass Recommended?: Yes
Additional information: Friday's ride will take you to Vermont Teddy Bear Factory. Saturday will be an open day to go where you want to. As we get closer to ride I will have a list of suggestions and directions for those who are not sure what they would like to do.
New: Rick’s Vermont Routes
The links below will take you to the Harley Davidson Ride Planner website where you can preview the routes Rick has mapped out for this trip.. You can also download the .gpx file for your Garmin or Boom Box GPS Navigation System. If you have GPS, Rick asks that you at a minimum load the first route for the ride from the Cliffwood Beach WaWa to the Summit Lodge in Killington, This will ensure that everyone will know how to get to our destination in the unlikely event we are separated. Some of the other routes include the scenic route day trips Rick has planned. If you have any difficulty downloading these files or have any questions, please contact our sweep for this ride, Phil Bull, who will be happy to assist you.
- Cliffwood Beach WaWa to Summit Lodge - https://maps.harley-davidson.com/map/rides/XTTsiEDtx/preview Download: .gpx file
- Summit Lodge to Vermont Teddy Bear - https://maps.harley-davidson.com/map/rides/lYPdO_DtP/preview Download:.gpx file
- VT Teddy Bear to Summit Lodge (Long Way) - https://maps.harley-davidson.com/map/rides/cYCk5Hmpx/preview Download: .gpx file
- VT Teddy Bear to Summit Lodge (shorter way) -https://maps.harley-davidson.com/map/rides/XBggh_2pP/preview Download: .gpx file
- Summit Lodge to Harpoon Brewery - https://maps.harley-davidson.com/map/rides/lYA0frDtP/preview Download: .gpx file
- Harpoon Brewery back to Summit Lodge - https://maps.harley-davidson.com/map/rides/XBFXp2bvx/preview Download: .gpx file
- Summit Lodge to Ben & Jerry’s Factory - https://maps.harley-davidson.com/map/rides/XBZq-eK5g/preview Download: .gpx file
Meal break (Name and description): Breakfast is included with Lodge stay. Lunch and dinner are on your own.
Cost if fixed price:
This is a Closed Event. Chapter activities are conducted primarily for the benefit of H.O.G. Chapter members. There are two types of activities:
- Closed Events are those events open to Chapter members and one guest per member. Non-members considering joining the Chapter may ride as a guest of another member.
- Open Events are those Chapter events to open to Chapter members, National H.O.G. members and other guests as desired.
Hotel Information for overnights:
This ride has 10 rooms booked at the
Hotel Name: Summit Lodge
Hotel Address: 200 Summit Rd., Killington, Vermont 05751 USA
Hotel Phone: (802) 422-3535
Hotel website: http://firstname.lastname@example.org